Use Feedburner to add an email subscription box to your site blog.
Not all of your blog readers are savvy with RSS feeds, and they would prefer to receive your latest blog posts using an email subscription. Assuming you already have a Feedburner account, here are 6 steps to add an email subscription box to your WordPress sidebar using Feedburner.
1. Login to to your Feedburner Account
2. Click on your Feed Title .
3. Click on the Publicize Tab, then click on Email Subscriptions link in the left column and click on Activate.
4. Copy the provided HTML Subscription Form code.
5. Configure Delivery Options in Feedburner – Click on Delivery Options in the left services column under Email Subscriptions. Select your Time Zone and a desired delivery time window (Schedule) you would like Feedburner to automatically email new blog posts to subscribers, click Save.
Note: When a visitor subscribes to your blog, they will be sent an email verification letter. In order for them to be subscribed they must click on the link in that email to verify. In an effort to get the user to open the automated email and verify their subscription, we suggest you personalize the default email verification letter that is sent by clicking on the Communications Preferences link. Here you can modify the 3 fields: email from, email subject line and the email body. Try changing the email from to firstname.lastname@example.org, and personalize the body of the email with a warmer welcome line like “Hi … Rodney here from Northern Pride Blog”. At the end of the body, we add “Thanks for subscribing. We hope you enjoy reading our blog posts. We look forward to reading your comments!” followed by our signature.
6. Lastly, Login to your WordPress dashboard and click on Appearance > Widgets . Drag the text widget into the desired WordPress Sidebar area on the right. Expand the text widget and paste the HTML code for the Feedburner email subscription, click Save.
Now your readers can easily subscribe to your blog by entering their email address, and all new blog posts will be emailed directly to your subscribers once a day at the time you selected. Since most visitors are still not familiar with syndicated RSS feeds and feed readers, we believe all blogs should offer an email subscription form. Even we use this nice, free feature provided by Google’s Feedburner on our own blog.
To get daily updates to our blog, subscribe to our RSS feed or enter your email address in the Subscribe box on this page.